It’s important to have an estate plan. You want to make sure the assets you’ve worked so hard to accumulate during your lifetime go to the people or organizations you care about. Estate planning can be a complex process, but you can make it easier with the support of capable, experienced professionals.
Having a comprehensive estate plan in place can help you feel more confident about the future and that your loved ones will be taken care of. It can help you achieve a variety of goals and objectives, including:
• Providing support and financial stability for your spouse.
• Preserving assets for future generations.
• Supporting a favorite charity or other worthy cause.
• Ensuring all of your assets, including those that pass by beneficiary designation (e.g., retirement accounts and life insurance policies), will be distributed according to your wishes. • Minimizing taxes and expenses.
• Ensuring that individuals you choose can make decisions on your behalf in the event of your incapacity.